Temperature Recording Cost Comparison*
150 Temps/Day at $8.05/hr.
2 hrs/day = 14 hrs/week
$112.70 weekly cost
40 mins/day = 5 hrs/week
$37.59 weekly cost
|* Comparison of 150 temperatures taken daily with an employee rate of $8/hr.
Approximate cost savings using Temp-Taker 3
$3,700 per year
At a Glance
- Hot & Cold Holding, Cooking, Cool Down & Reheat Temps, Walk-in & Reach-in Coolers, Freezer, Receiving, Milk Box,
Dry Storage, Dish Machine & Ice Bath Calibration
- 2,000 food-item storage capacity (on handheld)
- Stores at least 6,000 temperature, checklist, and security events before needing to upload data to a computer
- Stores up to 250 users and PINs (if enabled)
- Logs up to 17 different parameters per event (e.g. User Name, Date, Time, Food Item, Equipment, Temperature Reading, and Corrective Action Taken)
- Maintains 21-day event-counter history to help supervisors monitor worker activity
- 2 year manufacturer’s warranty*
- NIST Traceable
- Lightning-fast temperature measurements (using proprietary predictive algorithm and temperature stability detection)
- Customizable Safe-Temperature Zones, assign limits & corrective options
- False-Measurement Detection
- Require PIN to Log In’ feature (when enabled)
- Customizable HACCP-Question Checklists
- Flexible Alarm Features with audio/visual indication using buzzer & bright 3-color LED
- Large temperature-reading display
- Automates Time in Lieu of Temperature Policies (i.e. Time as a Public Health Control)
- Prints reports, generates PDFs, and exports to Excel
- Enhanced ‘Calendar Programs’ Interface (simplifies maintenance of cyclic-occurring food menus)
- User-configurable Alarms, Countdown Timer, and Stopwatch features
- Highly customizable & filterable data viewer with powerful ‘Group Related Events’ feature
- Integrated Magnets & Mounting Features
- Fast Response Penetration Probe
- Integrated Probe Storage Compartment that’s easy to clean
The handheld device offers Corrective Options when the measured temperature of an item is Out of Range (i.e. outside the expected safe zone).
These options are defined in the Corrective Options tab (shown in the figure below).
Common default options are already provided. New options can be added and revisions made at
Create Custom Checklists - Yes/No & Surveys
The Temp-Taker 3 handheld can be set up to answer yes/no questions. Some common HACCP questions are already
provided (see figure below). New questions can be added and revisions made at any time. Note
that questions must be assigned to one or more ‘Checklists’. Each Checklist is essentially a group (or list) of questions.
Take Temps - In-Range
The Temp-Taker 3 uses a proprietary temperature-stability detection algorithm
to determine when the temperature of the probe’s tip has sufficiently stabilized before producing the temperature reading. This contributes
toward generating fast/accurate Temps.
The figure below shows how to take In-Range Temps. If the measured temperature is within the established safe zone, an In-Range event is generated
and the event details are saved into non-volatile memory (i.e. memory that requires no battery power to preserve data). At this point the device
is ready to Temp another item.
Take Temps - Out-of-Range
Appropriate Corrective Options are provided according to the product
being measured and the circumstances in which the product was measured (e.g. if it’s an initial Temp or if the Temp was taken after corrective
action had been performed).
The figure below shows what happens when a Temp is Out of Range. Here the QUICK CHILL option was selected. This initiated a 30-minute Corrective
Session (customizable in Corrective Options tab) in which the user must follow through on the corrective action and then re-take the product’s
Temp under the Main Menu icon ‘Corrective
Enter appropriate page title/subtitle fields and select the default page layout in the Settings>Printing tab (see figure below).
To help you find the data you need quickly, Temp-Taker provides Day, Week, Month, and Custom view-scope options (see figure below).
It also has a data filter and a text search feature on the bottom left corner of the print preview window.
The default fiscal week setting is Sunday through Saturday. If your fiscal week is different, make sure to change it in the Settings>View tab.
The week scope is governed by this setting.
|Virtual Product Demo (video)
Temp-Taker 3 PC Software and Device Firmware Updates
ITD Food Safety is committed to providing the best paperless HACCP solution in the industry. It has worked tirelessly to enhance the PC software
and device firmware for its 3rd generation Temp-Taker product since it was first released back in April 11, 2013. The latest version is available
for all Temp-Taker 3 users to download free of charge.
The PC software also includes the latest device firmware code available at the time of release. So updating your PC software will automatically provide you with the latest firmware code for your handheld devices. No separate utility or download is required. For more information, see the following document:
If you’re running version 3.5 or later, the PC software application automatically checks for updates via the Internet every time the
app is started. However, if you’re running a version prior to 3.5, then you’ll need to manually download and install the latest
update available (see link below). This update will work for all editions of the Temp-Taker software (General Edition, Subway Edition,
and SFTP Edition).
Highlights of recent features and enhancements (since Dec 2014):
- New ‘Report Templates’ feature
allow the saving of up to 20 customized report templates
- New ‘Auto-Report’ feature
provides the following options:
- Generate PDF reports
immediately after every data upload from device
- Generate PDF reports
every day; time of day can be set by user
- Generate PDF reports
every fiscal week; week day and time can be set by user
- Generate PDF reports
every month; day-of-month and time can be set by user
- Auto-generated PDF
reports (described earlier) can be based on multiple Report Templates
- Auto-generated PDF
reports may be set to auto-email and/or auto-save to a network folder; This also applies to cloud-storage folders (e.g. Google
Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive) installed on a local machine or in a network location
- New Auto-Update Settings
feature allows organizations with multiple locations to remotely update the Temp-Taker settings in all their locations
- Custom answers may
now be entered for each checklist question; Up to 10 different answers may be entered for each question
- New Cooling feature automates tracking of the cooling process for hot & room-temperature food items following HAACP guidelines; provides reminder alarms
and corrective option features
- New Cooking feature adds the 5th HACCP process to the Temp-Taker lineup. See the following descriptive table of all 5 processes:
A detailed history of enhancements is available for your review.
Temp-Taker® 3 Probe
Standard probe used in Temp-Taker® 3 handheld unit; Fast-response, NIST traceable, K-Type thermocouple penetration probe with male mini connector; 4" x
0.125" (102mm x 3.2mm) diameter shaft reducing to 0.059" (1.5mm) near the tip; SS 304/316 sheath; Coil cord 6.5" (156mm) long in relaxed position,
stretches up to 4' (1.2m); PVC jacket diameter 0.15" (3.8mm); Delrin handle 1¾" (44.5mm) long, SS spring strain relief; Probe tip temperature
range -58°F to 572°F (-50°C to 300°C)
Immersion K-Type thermocouple probe with male mini connector; 6" x 0.11" (152mm x 2.8mm) diameter shaft; Non-coiled cord 40" (1m) long with 0.15" (3.8mm)
diameter PVC jacket; Handle length 5.25" (133mm); Handle diameter 0.6" (15mm); Probe tip temperature range -58°F to 752°F (-50°C to 400°C);
Probe is suitable for measuring the temperature of liquids using the Spot-Check Temps mode of Temp-Taker® 3 handheld unit.
An ITD Food Safety technical specialist configures the Temp-Taker® 3 software application to exactly fit the needs of your organization and generates a Windows
custom software installer; Customer just needs to run the installer and the application installs with all settings customized
$250.00 & up
Call for custom pricing
Facilitates probe sanitation between food temperature measurements; Plastic tube 5¼" (133mm) long with ⅝" (16mm) diameter; Screw cap
has 0.18" (4.6mm)
hole and integrated rubber washer that acts as a squeegee when a penetration probe is pulled out of the tube filled with sanitizing liquid; Integrated clip and
reinforcing rubber band allow the sanitizing tube to be clipped onto the side of a Temp-Taker® 3 handheld unit during use.
The sanitizing-tube clip holder feature of the Temp-Taker® handheld unit is designed to retain the tube in place even during
the application of a moderate pulling force; Twisting the tube slightly while pulling it out allows the clip to be removed.
Always wipe the probe shaft before inserting it into the sanitizing tube; Clean the inside of the tube at the end of each shift
and fill it with an approved sanitizing solution at the beginning of each shift.